NOW SHIPPING: MONSTER CENTRAL® POWERCONTROL SMART PLUGS – WITH NEW POWER CONTROL APP FOR ON-THE-GO POWER MONITORING AND CONTROL IN THE HOME
-- People Power Monster Central® App Lets You Remotely Monitor and Manage Your Home’s Power Consumption, Anytime, From Anywhere With Wifi --
Las Vegas, NV – January 7, 2013 – Monster, a world leader in power conditioning and surge protection products, is now shipping its innovative Monster Central® PowerControl smart plug products, including the PCT 100MC (SRP: $59.95) and PCT 300MC (SRP: $99.95), both of which work with the new wireless People Power Monster Central® App to offer users of today’s most popular smartphones an elegant and useful wireless communication control solution. These smart plugs combine with the Monster® Gateway (GTW 100, SRP:$59.95) to allow plugged-in devices to be monitored for their energy usage and controlled on a schedule that’s easily set up on the People Power Monster Central® App. The Monster Central® App takes the concept of on-the-go power monitoring to a new level, allowing users to manage the power consumption and settings of their home appliances from their Smartphone anywhere there’s wifi.
Monster Central® App provides useful information in a format that’s easy for users to read, and allows users to track valuable power usage dollars by device over time! Another key App feature is the ability to schedule control of all connected devices. TVs, set top boxes and other home entertainment components are especially prone to “vampire” energy drains in which they consumer power 24 hours a day while in the standby mode or even switched off. With the Monster Central® App, you can schedule your home entertainment center to turn off every night, then on again in the morning, off while you’re at work, then on for when you get home – ultimately cutting vampire energy drains by as much as 50%.
Now shipping are these Monster Central® PowerControl smart plugs:
· PCT 100MC (SRP: $59.95) with one outlet with power measurement and on/off control, 540 joules of fire proof protection with a $200,000 connected equipment warranty
· PCT 300MC (SRP: $99.95) with three outlets with power measurement of which one can be on/off controlled, 1080 joules of fire proof protection with a $300,000 connected equipment warranty
These products require the use of the Monster Gateway.
· GTW 100 (SRP: $59.95) which plugs into a router or home network with an Ethernet cable and wirelessly communicates with the smart PowerControl plugs
Two kit bundles are also available:
· PCT 100MC Kit (SRP: $99.95) which includes the PCT 100MC and the GTW100
· PCT 300MC Kit (SRP: $149.95) includes the PCT300MC, GTW 100 and a durable FCC-approved case for rugged use
The Free Monster Central® App is available now at the iTunes Store® and Google Play.
Now in Beta Testing: Solving Everyday Problems with the Truly Intelligent Home!
In addition, Monster is currently beta testing a way to take its Monster Central® PowerControl smart plug products to an even higher level of intelligence, solving even more problems for homeowners with a new and separate free App, People Power Presence for smartphone users. This new App virtually creates an “intelligent home,” allowing it to make decisions and control devices connected to Monster Central® PowerControl plugs, all without the need to purchase additional cameras, microphones or sensors. By installing People Power Presence on both new and older smartphone devices, users can use them in tandem to easily create a remote video camera and audio monitor. People Power Presence works by supporting smart motion detection and making decisions according to a basic set of rules. In this way, it solves everyday household problems for busy family members, who often wish they could be in two places at once: For instance:
- Did the kids get home from school OK today? Point the old smartphone at the front door, and select the rule that sends your new smartphone an alert and some video when the door opens. If by 4.15pm nothing has happened, then send an alert about that too.
- Did Grandma get out of bed this morning? Point the old smart phone at the kitchen and if there’s no motion by 10am, then you can send an alert to her daughter’s new smartphone.
- Mom and Dad were invited for dinner but no babysitter’s available. No problem, set up the old smartphone as a video baby monitor and get alerted on the new smart phone if there’s a sound, and stream some video. With a Monster Central® PowerControl smart plug, remotely turn on some soothing lullaby music in the baby’s room.
- A suspicious character is walking up to the back door at midnight. Use a Monster Central® PowerControl smart plug to turn on a light and start video recording.
People Power Presence is currently in beta-test and is expected to be available later this year.
Monster was founded over 30 years ago by Head Monster Noel Lee, who was recently honored with the prestigious Plus X Award®: Lifetime Achievement Award, as a company dedicated to creating products that enhance the sound quality of music. The company engineered the sound of the acclaimed Beats by Dr. Dre® headphones, and has become the world’s leading manufacturer of high-performance, sonically superior headphones, all of which feature the company’s Pure Monster Sound™. Monster is also the world's leading manufacturer of advanced connectivity solutions for high- performance home entertainment, audio, home cinema, computer and gaming as well as a leading innovator in the field of mobile accessories and professional audio. The company also provides high-performance AC power line conditioning and protection products for audio/video systems, as well as energy-saving power products. Monster continues to lead in innovation with over 300 U.S. and international patents and dozens pending, offering more than 4,000 products in over 134 countries worldwide.
Explore the world of Monster at www.monsterproducts.com. To become a fan of Monster® products, please follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/monsterproducts) or Twitter (www.twitter.com/monsterproducts.
ABOUT PEOPLE POWER®
Award winning People Power is the universal remote control for the Internet of Things delivering intuitive mobile apps and cloud based software putting device monitoring and control in the palm of your hands. People Power makes products better for manufacturers and service providers by enriching features and providing remote monitoring and control from any mobile device. We put the Internet of Things to work for the people creating fantastic out-of-box and daily use experiences that provide new features, convenience, and efficiency never before possible. Based in Palo Alto California, People Power has received funding from New Cycle Capital, Greener Capital and other investors.
For more information visit: www.peoplepowerco.com
iTunes is a registered trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
# # #