NEWS & REVIEWS
For Immediate Release
Contact: Alison Giella
DBA Public Relations
MONSTER EXPANDS LINE OF DIGITAL LIFE™ PRODUCTS WITH NEW INNOVATIVE
CABLE SOLUTIONS FOR "CONNECTING EVERYTHING TO EVERYTHING"
-- Industry-Leading Lineup Includes DisplayPort, Advanced USB,
Ethernet and HDMI Products --
Las Vegas, NV, January 6, 2010 -- Monster, the world's leading manufacturer of high-performance cables, AC power conditioning and surge protection products, is making today's networked digital universe more accessible and user-friendly than ever before with an expanded line of Digital Life™ advanced connectivity solutions, including advanced USB, Ethernet, HDMI cables and more. Monster's Digital Life products literally give consumers the opportunity to easily "connect everything to everything," bringing a new level of performance, convenience and reliability to today's digital lifestyle experience.
Noel Lee, The Head Monster, noted: "The real 'sweet spot' of the consumer experience in today's digital universe is about making all the right connections and bringing everything together, including your mobile devices, computers and home entertainment. Monster is committed to using all our expertise in helping people make these important connections in the simplest and most effective ways possible. Our entire Digital Life lineup reflects this strong commitment, as evidenced by the introduction of our newest cables, which are capable of meeting or outperforming the highest industry speeds and specifications."
New Digital Life Cables for Total Reliability and "Future-Ready" Performance
Many of today's advanced digital electronics devices require massive amounts of data transfer, which calls for higher speed digital cables capable of delivering the best image and audio quality in everything from movies to music, internet downloads, and more. To meet this challenge, Monster Digital Life offers the high performance, speed rated cables that are up to the tasks required of today's high definition, high speed, wired home and portable digital devices. New additions to Monster's Digital Life cable lineup include:
- Monster Cable High Performance USB 3.0 - This new leading-edge ultra-high-speed cable exceeds USB 3.0 Specs and provides the fastest data transfer available for next-generation USB peripherals. Scheduled for March availability, pricing to be announced.
- High Performance Camcorder Mini to Standard HDMI - This advanced cable for HDMI is designed for connecting HDTVs and camcorders (DL HDMI A/C-8). Scheduled for availability in January 2010, MSRP $89.95.
- Advanced High Speed DisplayPort - A next-generation A/V connection for computing and convergence devices. Available in mid-January 2010 in 4-, 8- and 16-foot lengths as follows: DL DSPT AS-4 4, MSRP $89.95; DL DSPT AS-8, MSRP $119.95; DL DSPT AS-16, MSRP $149.95.
- DisplayPort Adapters - These leading-edge devices allow users to connect DisplayPort equipped devices to HDMI, DVI, or VGA monitors/displays. Available as follows:
DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter (DL DSPT-HDMI ADPT), MSRP $59.95, mid-January;
DisplayPort to DVI Adapter (DL DSPT-DVI ADPT), MSRP $59.95, mid-January;
DisplayPort to VGA Adapter (DL DSPT-VGA ADPT), MSRP $59.95, mid-January.
- Mini DisplayPort: These specialized 8-foot cables with adapters let users connect Mini DisplayPort-equipped devices to DisplayPort, HDMI, DVI, or VGA equipped monitor/displays. Available in configurations as follows:
DL MDSPT-VGA-8: 8-foot cable with Mini DisplayPort on one end and VGA on the other, MSRP $99.95, Available March 2010;
DL MDSPT-DVI-8: 8-foot cable with Mini DisplayPort on one end and DVI on the other, MSRP $99.95, Available March 2010;
DL MDSPT-HDMI-8: 8-foot cable with Mini DisplayPort on one end and HDMI on the other, MSRP $99.95, Available March 2010;
DL MDSPT-DSPT-8: 8-foot cable with Mini DisplayPort on one end and DisplayPort on the other (enables users to connect a Mini-DisplayPort equipped device to a DisplayPort equipped monitor or display), MSRP $99.95, March 2010.
- SuperThin High Speed HDMI - This "magically thin" HDMI cable is 55% thinner than normal HDMI cables and is perfect for both audio and video HD performance. February availability in 4-, 8- and 16-foot lengths as follows: DL HD HSST-4 MSRP MSRP: $89.95; DL HD HSST-8, MSRP $99.95; DL HD HSST-16, MSRP $149.95.
- SuperThin High Speed Mini to Standard HDMI Cable for Camcorders - This 8-foot cable is ideal for connecting superthin flatscreen TVs and camcorders. DL HD HSST C-8, MSRP $99.95.
Monster was founded by Head Monster Noel Lee with a commitment to creating products under the Monster Cable® brand to literally "make music sound better." Today, Monster has grown and diversified to become the world's leading manufacturer of connectivity solutions for high-performance audio, video, car audio, computer, console and computer gaming, as well as a leading innovator in the field of iPod® and iPhone™ accessories and professional audio and sound reinforcement. As part of its commitment to improving the music listening experience, Monster worked with Dr. Dre and Interscope Geffen A&M Chairman Jimmy Iovine to create the Beats™ by Dr. Dre™ headphone line, including the new Heartbeats by Lady Gaga headphones. The company is also continuing to innovate with its own line of Monster brand headphones, including "Turbine Pro™ In-Ear Speakers™," the first in-ear headphones geared for use by music professionals and audiophiles. Additionally, under its Monster Power® brand, the company is the leading manufacturer of high-performance AC power line conditioning and protection products for audio/video systems.
# # #